Jim's Energy are pleased to invite customers to join EnergyAustralia's PowerResponse program.
The PowerResponse program received funding as part of ARENA's Advancing Renewables Program - Demand Response and is available for a limited time only. Join and receive:
- Discounted electricity rate from EnergyAustralia
- $1,000 credit on your bill
- Additional credits for each demand response event*
If you have, or would like to install, a Redback Smart Hybrid solar inverter to complement your solar system, you will be eligible to participate in EnergyAustralia's PowerResponse program.
EnergyAustralia will pay you to access energy stored in your battery and feed it back into the grid when electricity reserves reach critically low levels.
You will be sent an SMS before an event, detailing the expected start time and duration. In return, you will receive a $20 credit on your electricity bill for each event. It is estimated these events will occur between 6 and 20 times per year, over 3 years.
What is demand response?
Demand response is an easy way to reduce pressure off the grid during times of peak energy use.
The simple idea behind demand response is that rather than paying large amounts of money to increase grid capacity, EnergyAustralia instead pays consumers to access the electricity stores in their batteries.
What do I have to do?
When EnergyAustralia activates a demand response event, your Redback system will be used by us to provide additional energy back into the grid, as follows:
- Charge-Up Stage - EnergyAustralia will send signals remotely from our group control centre that will instruct your inverter to charge the Redback battery storage system directly from the local distribution network or your solar supply.
- Discharge Stage - EnergyAustralia will then send similar signals to the inverter to discharge the energy held in the Redback battery storage system back into the local distribution network at the time of a scheduled request from AEMO.
How do I know an event is about to take place?
EnergyAustralia will send an SMS message to the mobile number you have listed on your account up to 24hrs prior to a PowerResponse event, advising when the event will start. On some occasions the notice could be as little as a few minutes prior to the event.
EnergyAustralia will then confirm by SMS at the start of the event. You will not be required to take any action.
EnergyAustralia will follow-up with another SMS at the end of the event to confirm that it has finished.
Or contact Jim's Energy on 03 8560 2677 or EnergyAustralia on 1800 028 438 for more information.
*Terms and conditions apply.